Sunday 15 January 2012

Awakened: Interviews With Peers ii: Anonymous


This is a mini-series of interviews I have conducted with people in a facebook group called Kundalini-Awakening-Systems-1. If you too are awakened, or are going through a radical spiritual experience, you can contact them, or me, and I can get you in touch. The group is mediated by Chrism Kundalini who has been mentioned several times in this website. It is a closed group, so you will have to ask to join, but all are accepted as long as you are respectful.
These interviews are intended to provide different accounts of Awakenings, as no two are the same.
~ ~ ~
Can you tell us a bit about yourself? (Name/approximate age/country you live in).
Anon: I’m 62 and live in the USA.
When did you have your Kundalini Awakening?
Anon: July of 2011
Was there anything significant that happened to you which you believe prefaced the Awakening/made it happen? (Part two -) How did the Awakening happen? Where were you? What did it feel like? How did you react to it?
Anon: I had begun meditating around April because of the peacefulness that I saw a friend enjoy. I consistently meditated about twice a day and almost always concentrated on surrendering. I was lying on my bed meditating. It began with a concentration of energy in my groin. It shifted to a sensation very much like an orgasm which moved up my spine. It was a unique feeling but I wasn’t afraid and simply enjoyed it. After the sweep, the sensation was similar to floating just past the breakers in the ocean. The visual was a cool blue light. I didn’t try to control it, I just let it envelope me.
Did you know about Kundalini energy before it happened? If not, how did you find out about it?
Anon: I did not have a clue about what was happening. I contacted my friend who had helped me begin my journey. He told me what it was and gave me some reassurance. I began doing research online which frightened me some, so my friend helped me become a member of KAS-1 on facebook.
How have your friends and family dealt with your Awakening?
Anon: I have been blessed in that my husband greatly appreciates my new perspective. My daughter-in-law has commented that I seem happier, more relaxed to my husband. I do not have many close friends in the town where I presently live, so I’m not sure my acquaintances and coworkers have not noticed a difference.
How has it affected your life? How has it changed you?
Anon: Initially, I felt like I was on a roller coaster with extreme emotions and a lot of tears. Also, I had to deal with lengthy headaches. Fortunately, they did not incapacitate me.
At this point, I am more relaxed and able to handle situations with less anxiety. Forgiving myself for my mistakes as well as others for causing me pain has done wonders for me. I was always a very sensitive person but I am even more in tune with the feelings of others than ever before. Small pleasures such as the sunrise and sunset, mean even more to me than before and things that used to irritate me just bounce off. I still have bouts of depression and feel that I am alone in this situation. I feel desperate when I’m bummed to have someone that I can talk to face-to-face who is undergoing the same or a similar experience. These bouts of depression seem to be further and further apart.
What are some of the key lessons you have learned from Kundalini?
Anon: I’ve learned so much that I can’t put it all into words. The following are a few of the things that I have learned.
I am a work in progress. I do not expect to ever be perfect or even close. Although I realize that I may fall down or even take some steps backward, what is critical to me is that I become aware when I have fallen or gone the wrong direction and take steps to move forward working to make myself more open and loving.
An awakened person accepts himself or herself. Rather than guilt, blame, or shame, for our ignorant actions or the fears that still reside within us. He or she forgives and accepts others with compassion, but this must start in our hearts. Feeling regret about our poor choices and worrying about the future doesn’t achieve anything. We must forgive and accept ourselves first and then make the most of each moment.
We are always relating to someone or something. We have very little control over what happens to us, but we can choose how we relate to our experiences and the people that we come in contact with. I now realize that when someone says or does something that could be interpreted as an attack, it’s really an expression of their fear and/or suffering. This makes it much easier to not go on the defensive, and to show compassion to this person or group.
What are your plans for the future?
Anon: I plan to improve myself as much as possible and enjoy life to the fullest, to let go, to love and to open my heart to the universe.
Do you have any words of advice for people reading this blog, who might be going through an Awakening themselves?
Anon: If you undergo Kundalini, you may experience a period(s) of bliss/pleasure or you may experience a period(s) of anguish. You may experience periods when you feel that Kundalini has left you When the bliss/pleasure comes, don’t try to control it or grasp to repeat it. When the anguish comes, same advice, don’t fight it. Your Kundalini experience will go much more smoothly if you learn to go with the flow. When you feel that it has left you, be patient and continue to practice meditation, forgiveness, and compassion. Peace can be yours.
© Shannon Naithair Teine, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment